Danielle Dellorto is definitely living out her dream. She is the new producer for "NBC Nightly News," working with Lester Holt. 
She was a producer at CNN for 11 years and then moved to California.
She is replacing Mike Mosher, who retired from NBC after 44 years.
Dellorto, 36, the daughter of Linda Cappas and Chuck Dellorto, has won Emmys and Peabodys awards for her work as a producer.
"I am very proud of my daughter, Linda Cappas said. "She has done all this on her own and she is first female ever hired to be a producer for "NBC Nightly News."
Dellorto graduated from Munster High School in 2000 and then from Columbia College Chicago in Chicago. She majored in broadcast journalism.
"My first job I interned at WJOB radio station," Dellorto said. "Then after that I interned at WFLD and at CNN Chicago and Fox News in Chicago."
Then CNN in Atlanta offered her an entry-level job. And finally she worked as a writer and producer on "Megyn Kelly Today," before getting the NBC job.
"I have moved up the ranks," Dellorto said. "This is so exciting. CNN was such a great learning and growing experience for me and I traveled the world."
At NBC, her role as senior producer will include supervising news and doing the big pieces. She will be based out of the Los Angeles bureau.
"I am very excited about this," Dellorto said. "Lester is the nicest guy to work with."